Monday, August 25, 2008

As promised

Some creative writing for you all. It's just a bunch of ideas I've had flying around in my brain for awhile. I thought it would be just nifty to throw them on here.



Foreword
What I write to you now is the culmination of more than a decade of hard work and research that has dragged me to the far corners of the know world. Although the journey has been trying, the end result more than makes up for the difficulty in attaining this data. What has driven me these past years has been the overwhelming sense of passion and curiosity for the subject at hand. This, coupled with an insatiable appetite for knowledge and understanding, has led me to produce the written work in front of you now. My journey is far from done of course; I could never hope to understand the entirety of the subject in just ten years. I feel that what I know now must be shared with you, the reader, as well as any to come.

This subject which I speak of, well more like "subjects", has been shrouded in controversy for more than a millennia. They've started wars, uprisings, and revolutions. Just a mention of their name strikes fear and anger into the hearts of some, but acceptance and freedom to others as well. They are viewed as judgmental and angry; ready to bring down wrath upon all. From what I have learned, however, they may be the most misunderstood of all. They are constantly targeted by uneducated slander and illogical "bash campaigns". If not for this modern era, they very well may be burned at the stake. It is for this reason, I began my quest to understand this group by deciding to interview one of them: a monster.

Interviewing A Monster


The Wolf man

Subject: Ron Warner

Location: Seattle, Washington

My interview begins inside the "Wolf man's" living room. The moderately furnished, yet slightly cluttered area felt comfortable in a normal kind of way. The subject of this interview, who is sitting across the table from me, would seem like an ordinary person at first glance. He nervously taps a scented candle around the coffee table between us as I situate myself. If not for all the research and tracking I had done prior to this interview, I very well may never have known that he was, in fact, a monster.

Alright, so let's get one thing straight: I have a name; It's Ronny. I don't like being referred to as the "wolf man". To be honest it's offending sometimes. Yes, I am a monster, but I'm not just a monster. I mean, I'm still a regular person too, ya know? I do regular things just like everybody else out there. I know being a monster is a big thing and that it's a big difference compared to being a regular Joe somebody. It's still part of who I am, but it's not all of who I am. Don't get me wrong; it has it's perks, but I just think it's such a strain sometimes. I mean, being a monster can offend some people or just be too "out there" for others. Being strange makes you an outcast, and that's not something I'm prepared to be; not for me.

Here's the beauty in my little dilemma though. When I want to, I can be a monster. When being different is just too inconvenient for me, I can be a regular person. Now tell me, what's the harm in that? It's the best of both worlds really. Nothing has happened to my monster pride, I just choose to show it only to a specific few. I don't want to give that vibe to everyone. I don't want some kind of bad reputation with my other friends. Why should I give up my other friends and miss out on having fun with them, even if it's not something a monster should be doing. Heck, as far as I'm concerned I'm not a monster when I'm with them.

Sure, being a monster comes with it's own attitude and guide lines, I just don't think I need to follow them all the time. I guess you are right in saying that I'm not too serious about being a monster, but so what? I still belong to the group right? To be honest, I've never been awful concerned about making more monsters out of people. Yes, the wolf bit me out of every other possible candidate, but who am I to go around biting other people? It's just not that important to me.





4 comments:

Cory said...

ya man, you better get that right or he'll get ya. I could use some outside help for my writing style and so forth. Since you're writing a book, I'm looking to you!

Padfoot240 said...

I like it. Kind of like World War Z but with different monsters?

Cory said...

kind of like world war Z sans almost apocalyptic global shut down due to zombie take over.

Cory said...

I meant more like grammar and punctuation wise and all that nitty gritty. I just worded it funny.