Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's been awhile


It definitely has been awhile since I've worked on painting. Here's one I put on the back burner to do the Jack portrait. Here is basically just a days work.










This is the picture I am working off of. I am make the colors a little more dramatic but I haven't decided yet. It looks good enough just as it is. I've done a lot of work with that picture actually. I did a water color which didn't come out too good because It was my first time with water color. I did a tight and loose pen and ink version of it too. The tight version was displayed in the school hall for awhile before it was entered into a contest where it won a superior ribbon as well as a Ribbon for best in show in its category. Too tell you the truth I haven't seen that picture since it was entered into the contest. Last time I checked, it was hanging in the office of the school's superintendent. I don't think I'm going to get it back. Oh well, here's to starting another project. I hope it turns out well.

9 comments:

Cory said...

yes definitely. I was thinking of double majoring in Art and something else.
I wanted to focus on general first semester and see how I would be able to fit my art stuff in next semester. Thanks for the support.

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

That's looking really cool. I have been trying to get into painting, but I am not making time to do it.
I am lame.

you need to call me on Assasin. I have no clue to kill.
jason

Cory said...

ah dude, I have the same trouble. You really have to force yourself to sit down and just do it. I try to spend at least an hour at least working on the canvas.

I've got some extra canvas and brushes if you need any gear man. as for the assassin game, the only person you really know who is still in is me. I'm sure I can clue you in on the others left though.

Amy said...

looks good, cory

Cory said...

thanks amy

Anonymous said...

Dude, it looks like a photograph. This is definitely your area of talent! Pursue it f'sho.

Cory said...

thank dan (as well as everyone) I appreciate the support.

Bethany said...

very nice! did you ever finish the jack bauer one?

Cory said...

Yes I did. I gave to my friend for his b-day