Saturday, January 27, 2007
Wii Sight, Mark I
So today, I finally sat down and put together My first Wii sight which I have decided to call "Mark I". So I started at 5, sat at the kitchen table and worked on it till 6:30, So it wasn't bad. So, I started with a well bailer, and I cut it in half. I then sanded down the edges a bit so I wouldn't cut myself. So I took a ruler and drew a straight line down the whole body of the tube in permanent marker so I would know to align the rail straight. After that, I screwed in a Picatttiny rail looted from an airsoft gun. After that, I tested the red dot sight and it seemed to hold.
After I had that adjusted on there, I decided to figure out where I was going to position the actual remote in the body. So I marked it, and cut out the whole side. Afterwards, I slipped into the Mark I an extra M4 stock from one of my airsoft guns. After that, I adjsuted the remote inside it with a velcro strap and I was good to go. So I took it to the wii boxing match and Kevin, Jason, and I got to break it in. Overall, I was quite disappointed. The Sight didn't perform as I had expected. It seems that the Mark I throws off the wii remote's sensors so when I would point the remote down, my guy would be looking up and so on and so forth. So it looks like I will have to scrap the Mark I and move onto the Mark II. We'll see if that one works out. (my arms are dead tired after that bit of Wii boxing by the way. Working out in the lawn with a pick axe really didn't help out either.)
The lines to be cut to hold the wiimote.
Posted by Cory at 10:34 PM