Saturday, January 27, 2007

Wii Sight, Mark I


So today, I finally sat down and put together My first Wii sight which I have decided to call "Mark I". So I started at 5, sat at the kitchen table and worked on it till 6:30, So it wasn't bad. So, I started with a well bailer, and I cut it in half. I then sanded down the edges a bit so I wouldn't cut myself. So I took a ruler and drew a straight line down the whole body of the tube in permanent marker so I would know to align the rail straight. After that, I screwed in a Picatttiny rail looted from an airsoft gun. After that, I tested the red dot sight and it seemed to hold.
After I had that adjusted on there, I decided to figure out where I was going to position the actual remote in the body. So I marked it, and cut out the whole side. Afterwards, I slipped into the Mark I an extra M4 stock from one of my airsoft guns. After that, I adjsuted the remote inside it with a velcro strap and I was good to go. So I took it to the wii boxing match and Kevin, Jason, and I got to break it in. Overall, I was quite disappointed. The Sight didn't perform as I had expected. It seems that the Mark I throws off the wii remote's sensors so when I would point the remote down, my guy would be looking up and so on and so forth. So it looks like I will have to scrap the Mark I and move onto the Mark II. We'll see if that one works out. (my arms are dead tired after that bit of Wii boxing by the way. Working out in the lawn with a pick axe really didn't help out either.)
The lines to be cut to hold the wiimote.

9 comments:

Padfoot240 said...

Good effort, good design, and good work! I read into the sensor bar and it's...weird. Well, Jason won the whole tourney. But then Jenn beat him, so he game up belt. A good fun night!

Cory said...

Ya it was for however long I was there.

Amy said...

It's too bad that Jason had to game up belt. Don't you think?

Cory said...

No, I think If He had kept the title he would be walking around doing his work on the airplay wearing the belt around intimidating the passengers. "Dude, I'm the wii boxing champ. No, you can't have an extra bag of peanuts."

Cory said...

Well, that could be it, but it wouldn't aim even with the laser off. so I think maybe it couldn't register the rest of the screen properly b/c it was in a tube. well on to plan B which doesn't obstruct the sensor so we'll see if it works.

Amy said...

i just think i'd be sad if i game up belt. wouldn't you be sad if you won the tournament and someone else beat you later so you game up belt?

Cory said...

well that's true, but Jason did make the belt after all. I think he made it so that someone else would win it. I don't think he would purposefully make a title that he wanted to keep himself.

Amy said...

i guess deep down jason loves to game up belt too.

Cory said...

wow guys wow,