Sunday, January 21, 2007

This One Church sign

So there is this one church close to my house that I always pass by on the way to school. They have one of those big like theater bilboards with the slide letters that put on there (you know what I mean.) well, their church leaders put up a message of the week up there and one of them really stood out to me, so much that I regret not taking a picture of it and putting it on here. Well, I remember I was rocking out to my tunes and I just stopped to look at it. The message said "There Isn't an easy button in a burning hell!" And that was all that it said. Well to be honest, I chuckled at the sight of it, but after I got thinking, what kind of a message is that church portraying. Now in the past, they've had some really good messages on there but I still can't get this one out of my mind. "There isn't an easy button in a burning hell" isn't exactly a way to encourage people to come to church. Not only that, but what must people driving by think when they see that message while they were driving. I'd also like to know what the person who wanted that message put up there was thinking. Is this the kind of message we want people portraying? I'm pretty sure I'll have some more thoughts on this later, maybe even a picture of the message board from the church down the street.

No comments: