Sunday, January 13, 2008

This Is Sparta! revisited (EDITED!)

I promised you guys some stuff. Well here is a bit of what my free time has gone to.I've had the idea floating around inside my head ever since I found that other picture on the Internet. All I needed was to procure my own wet floor sign. My cousin answered my prayers. So I made a stencil that didn't work exactly the way I wanted it to, hence the sloppy look. I need some paint thinner to clean it up a bit. It's a work in progress. If I want to do it over I could always remove all the paint, or just flip the sign over. Oh the possibilities. I plan to do some painting tonight/tomorrow afternoon. I'll throw some pictures up of the progress on my painting so look for an edit for this thing as well. Cheers


EDIT:

Ok, I have been promising you guys some pictures of my current painting project. I won't disappoint you guys this time. Here they are. I basically just started on adding this golden looking back drop for the cross. I'm going to redo the cross itself, may be tilt it, that's why I didn't do the background first. And I lost my actual photo. crap. For some reason, there is this weird wavey thing going on with the picture I took with my camera. I don't know if it was the camera itself bugging out or if it was the lamp giving it that effect but I need to fix that problem for future pictures. Enjoy guys.

6 comments:

Jillian said...

Awesome. Cleaning the edges up a bit is a good idea, but it still looks cool.

Padfoot240 said...

I like the sword and cape addition, but maybe raise the sword up over his head because I didn't know what it was at first.

Padfoot240 said...

I like the sword and cape addition, but maybe raise the sword up over his head because I didn't know what it was at first.

Cory said...

well, I wanted to do it fairly accurate in comparison to the actual scene in the movie. in the movie, Leonidas has his sword by his side, hence the positioning, but I can play around with that idea.

Bethany said...

that has to be the most amazing wet floor sign i've EVER seen! and nice picture! :)

Jillian said...

Way to lose the actual photo. Niiiice.