After a bit of research, I finally figured out how I was going to go about making my Halo armor. I went about downloading the templates and the software (which was free) to view it with and got started. Basically, you print the whole thing out on card stock and then glue it together. It's like a puzzle, just 3D. (they have those, right?) So it looks something like this when you get started.
You print out the pages then you carefully cut them out with a hobby knife. It's easy to figure out, but it sure is time consuming. Good thing I started now because I don't think I could put together a suit for myself and my cousin in October.
After a few days of working on it for an hour or so during down time I'm about half way done. It's kind of floppy, but that's because it's only the front half. After This is done, I just coat it in fiber glass resin, add some bondo to the outside, sand, and paint. By the end of the summer I should have a helmet done. (hopefully) Cheers.
By the way, I'm hating the new way blogger is making me post pictures. It's stupid. I think I might finally switch to Wordpress...