Saturday, April 25, 2009

Well, shoot...

What's this???
Proof of purchase baby! I thought what Amy did was awesome, so I followed suit. I think everyone in the blogosphere who owns a copy should have a picture of them with the book. I've got 1 and a half books to read before I get to it but it will be read! Kudos to Nathan for writing a book!

I guess this has become a personal update blog. I really don't like these, but most of my blog posts turn into these. Oi vey. Here's a big update: I have to use crutches to get around now! What happened, do you say? I'll tell you! It was Wednesday. I'm one of those staffers/adult leaders or whatever you want to call them, at the burn. Tradition has us set a game up for the students before service gets started. We just so happened to be playing Soccer: my favoritest sport ever! I wasn't wearing shoes at the time, but when has that ever stopped me!? So, it was going good. The other team had gotten the ball to our side of the field, and being the awesome Italian soccer player that I am, stole the ball, turned around, and maneuvered it to my right. Everything was going good until a rogue student comes screeching in on the ground feet first towards my unprotected foot! That's totally illegal by the way. I made sure I reprimanded him and instructed him in the rules of soccer. He adamantly disagreed, stating: "I was going after the ball!" I limped off the field in disgust.

By the time I got to the fence I knew something was wrong. It caused me a great deal of pain just to make it to the kitchen. By that time I couldn't even stand on it. Realizing I had wrecked my foot, I quickly hopped to the bathroom and threw up. That was not fun. I quickly dialed my mommy and had her pick me up and take me to the E.R. I pretty much hopped around on one foot, laughing like a hysterical idiot as I went. Long story short, I find out I fractured my foot. Not pretty at all. So now I have to crutch around until my foot stops hurting enough for me to walk on it. They gave me 4-6 weeks till it's fully healed. My foot is good enough to walk on right now even without worrying about causing any problems, it just still hurts a lot. So the moral of this story is you damn well better play soccer right or I might just cleat your face off!

6 comments:

Cory said...

depends on the fracture I guess. Thank the Lord mine didn't turn out too bad.

Padfoot240 said...

Picture is coming soon! With my review.

Sorry about the crutches man. Hope you foot heals up quick.

Jillian said...

I don't understand. Why is this book so significant?

Great story by the way. I think my favorite part is your closing statement.

Cory said...

Why is it so significant? Well someone here doesn't keep up with The Blarg. anyway, it's significant because Nathan wrote it.

Denise said...

Sorry about your foot. Maybe you shoot get a stronger foot. Like Wolverine.

Cory said...

I've already got the facial hair, I just need the adamantium skeleton. That would be pretty sweet.