Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm a dumb road worker

It's become like a career for me. Walking down the street I call my life; falling in potholes and filling them in after painstakingly pulling myself out of them. But I am not a smart road worker (like the title says). I run back and dance around my fixed potholes, eventually kicking the dirt off of them and throwing myself in like a lemming off a cliff. After realizing my stupid decision, I mope in my hole for a few days before I realize my good buddy, friend, and Savior Jesus had tied me off before I made my head long suicide dive. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've made my share of stupid decisions in the past, and I continue to make them now. Every time I do however, there is always that hand waiting there to pull me up, the life ring around my waste ready and willing to pluck me out of the chilling depths. Yes, I know I've got a lot to work on, but Christ's love makes up for my stupid decisions so there is no pothole too deep that God can't yank me out of. And life has turned out to be a series of pits and trap doors you either fall in or avoid, and it is just crazy either way, But you can either sit there and mope and go no where in your little hole, or you can pick yourself up, accept the hand up given, take the pain and hassle it takes to pull yourself out, dust yourself off, and keep on walking. I'll take the latter any day, and to quote some awesome gospel lyrics from the great Bryan Duncan, "I'll keep walking, Thank you." So I'll close with a verse from what is shaping up to be one of my most favorite books of the Bible.
"I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he us at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16: 7-11 Good stuff

No comments: