Sunday, September 9, 2007

Wow, just wow.

I had the misfortune of sitting down to watch snakes on a plane today with my dad. It was a bad decision to say the least. I figured since I don't spend too much time with him, a movie I heard was terrible would be a great way to bond. This movie, probably more then any other that I have seen, (I could be wrong though, but I really really doubt it) made me just think "wow" I don't mean wow as in "wow, that was spectacular" or "wow, that was dumb" It was a "wow" that was off the "wow scale". It was a "wow........that's all I can say.......wow"

I'm going to spoil some parts of the movie but who really gives anyway? So, this couple on the plane are getting their freak on in the bathroom. (yes, I said getting their freak on. ) and a snake falls out of a hole in the ceiling because they thought it was smart to pry out the smoke alarm and do some drugs while getting their freak on. Bad Idea. So the freaking snake falls down and starts attacking them. The guy is bitten in multiple places, big freaking whoop. Here's where the director or whoever was responsible for this terrible movie got a bit over-zealous with his position. He must've thought: "gee, since the girl already has her shirt off, wouldn't it be something if the snake bit her...." You can deduce where the snake bit her (if you can't then you shouldn't be reading my blog) Wow. Just wow.

I'm afraid it gets worse. Since they had a bad scene involving a girl, they thought they'd even it out so that they wouldn't appear sexist in some sort of demented snake biting way. So this one dude is standing around, using the bathroom while a snake is in the toilet. You can assume it doesn't go well for him. (again, if you have no idea what happened to him then you need to leave) . Wow. Just wow.

What the heck were they thinking? "Oh, I figured it'd be good entertainment" I think people are pushing the boundaries a little too far. I can just rant for hours on what crap I've seen on TV that I think shouldn't be on TV. Nobody would care because it's TV! I guess they assume people enjoy that kind of crap and find it humorous and/or entertaining/riveting. I'd like to know who they've been asking so that I can personally knock some sense into them. I think a crow bar would be good enough.

3 comments:

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

You want something worse.
Rent "Snakes on a Train" from Hollywood Video. Now I have not seen it myself, but you know it's got to be worse off than the original.

hahah
nice

Amy said...

I completely agree, Cory. And I vote Snakes on a Plane wins the best worst writing award. My favorite example of terrible writing took place during the second bathroom scene you mentioned. "you f***ing &#@*, get off my &#@*!!" And that is when I turned the movie off and returned it to Jon Smith who was so kind as to bring it to church one day, hand it to me, and suggest I watch it.

Cory said...

hahaha oh man. That Jon Smith is a character. I bet you'll think twice next time he brings you a dvd. I would rather watch that one movie kevin rented on accident that one time then "snakes on a train" thanks for the advice though.