Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fishing trip pics....and some new headphones

Well if you've seen Kevin's blog then you'd know that we were both up in the mountains fishing this past weekend. It's a weird beginning to a series of fishing trips with the church. My lips are so chapped from the trip that they're split!
So, this is what we saw the first morning when we got out of the tent. There was snow all over the place when we showed up the night before but we couldn't really tell how much.
The mountains were completely covered in snow which was a cool sight to see. It was as cold as heck though and I didn't really have suitable gear so I was suffering.


That's a shadow of me. Just thought it was cool.I have a tendency to get altitude sick, which happened as soon as we got to the lake. I slept in the van for lord knows how long until I felt better. I got out after that, bought myself some gloves and a beaney from the store and headed over to the lake.
That's it. And so is that ------->














I've got a couple of others. In any case. I show up and they still haven't caught 1 fish. Alright, so I put in my worm and pull out a fish right after. by the end of the day I had made up for last years failure. That'll teach that lake for taking 5 of my lures. The day after, we headed over to the river by the dam where I caught a couple more. All in all it was fun. Kevin caught a bag full of craw dads so we're going to have a big ol' cook out this weekend. A worth while trip with some good people. One more pic for good measure.So, I got some new headphones today to replace my broken ones. These are the ones I got which are the exact same model as the other ones. This is probably the fifth pair of "grappling hooks" I've ever bought. ( I call them grappling hooks because these things will hook onto anything and everything. If they were made out of metal then you could scale a building with them.) They are so comfortable that I just keep buying them. The thing is, their wires are easy to tear internally, so you have to be kind of careful with them. That reminds me; dan, you owe me a pair of these. Anyways, I bought them at the titan tech store today for like 10 bucks cheaper. woohoo. I got a chuckle out of the bar code thing though.That is what they are after all. I'm entitled to a crude joke from time to time. So here ya go.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do I owe you some again? I got Sony headphones too, but the more pricey and comfortable ones. They were like 26 bucks.

Cory said...

you tore the wire in AP when you were trying to unplug my headphones without unwinding them.

Jillian said...

Awesome pics! It must have been pretty cold for you though.

Cory said...

yes it was.

Cory said...

I think headphones in general make you go deaf

Trento said...

I don't get the joke

Cory said...

you want to pay attention to the bold POS above the bar code. Think carefully what kind of curse phrase that would stand for and you have it.