Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Who's got two thumbs, two trigger fingers, and the right to own a handgun? THIS GUY!

I got my Handgun Safety Certificate today! I'm pretty psyched. I had to take a test in order to receive the card so that I will be able to purchase handguns in the future. It was pretty much 30 true and false and multiple choice questions that were all pretty common sense. It was pretty awesome. I passed with flying colors! BOOYAH! Now the question is what handgun I will be purchasing first. The million dollar question. I've singled out a few guns that I want to check out before I make a decision.

At the top of my list would be this bad boy! It has the style and intimidation factor that I require. Who cares if the gun flies out of my hand and into my face after I fire it. If it hits something, then it's game over!


I'm very much kidding about that. As cool as a Desert Eagle is, I'd much rather purchase a Baby Eagle which has similar style and would be a lot more practical, not to mention affordable. Some day I'd like to purchase one of those, but they don't seem to be widely available so they're off the list.

At the top of my list would have to be the USP Compact. It's a pretty good sized gun that comes in 9mm, .357 sig, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. I got to handle a model in .40 S&W today and I must say that I really like the fit. I would like to fire it in 9mm and may be .40 before I make a decision though.


Second on my list would have to be the Beretta PX4. It comes in 9mm, .40 S&W, and I think it even comes in .45. Apparently one of the awesome things about this gun is the barrel rotates slightly when firing to reduce recoil. I am not sure exactly how that works but apparently it does. I'm still doing my homework on that. Also, the grips on this gun can be changed out for small, medium, and large grips to fit your hand the way you want it. That's a plus. You want a handgun with a good fit. Then, of course, it's Italian. All in all, the Beretta is high on my list.


Third, and finally on my list will have to be the XD 9. It's the cheapest of these plastic fantastics. There is a pretty broad selection in the XD department. I've never been too happy about their looks, but they definitely beat those ugly glocks in my book.


I'm sure other guns will present themselves, but this is what I've got so far. I'm sure I'll post the end result eventually though.

6 comments:

Andrew C said...

The Beretta PX4 looks pretty nice. If Sig and CZ are ruled out then you're pretty much narrowed down to a polymer framed gun. Sig does make the Sig Pro 2022 and CZ makes the SP-01 Phantom (but not on the roster) for oth9+-er polymer options.

Sarah C. said...

This has nothing to do with your gun post, Happy Birthday!!!

Cory said...

thanks, Sarah. To be honest, I haven't really looked too much into Sig. I'll have to do some research on them. I'm not too big on CZ though. I did a little bit of research into the SP 01 and I wasn't very impressed.

The Beretta looks alright. I heard they have some accuracy problems which seem to be symptomatic of the crappy sights they've got, or so I've heard. Fortunately, the PX4 was designed so you can replace front and rear sights.

Andrew C said...

Why down on CZ? Accurate and decently priced for an all metal gun.

Cory said...

I won't deny the accuracy since I don't have much experience with them, I just don't think they're that pretty either. They are pretty affordable though.

Jillian said...

Based solely on the pictures... i like the second one (the Beretta) the best :)