Tuesday, February 20, 2007

God > 24

So, Lent is around the corner, and I was thinking of what I was going to give up this year. I know I'm not catholic, but I think it is important to give up something just to show some appreciation to God. I'm not saying "This is the way you should do it" I'm just saying this is one of the ways I am going to do it.
So, I was thinking about what I gave up last year, which was soda and video games, and I realized that I steered clear of giving up something. Last year, 24 season 5 was going on, which was is one of my favorite seasons by the way, so I told myself "Well I'll give up all of T.V. too, except for 24; just off the record." Thinking about that in class, I knew what I should give up this year. I guess I just want to express that a stupid show (ouch, I'm going to get some flak for that) is not more important to me than my relationship with God.
So it is no T.V. for me, which includes 24 and heroes, So I won't be able to talk 24 or heroes with anyone any more. regrettably, doing this will put me way behind, But it is Sooo worth it. So, I'm hoping I can do this. It will be really really hard, So I'm hoping you guys will help me stick to my guns on this one.

4 comments:

Amy said...

wow, Cory, I think that is really awesome. I know how much you love to watch those shows, especially 24. And I really appreciate that you would make an effort to show God that he is more important to you even than those things that you really love to watch on tv. I fully support you, and while I have not chosen to give up tv for Lent, I will do my best to not talk about Heroes in front of you until you are all caught up.

Cory said...

thanks Amy, I appreciate the support and not talking about heroes in front of me. =)

Padfoot240 said...

Yea, I'll keep the 24/heroes chat down. We should have a big party to get you caught up...when the seasons come out.

Cory said...

that would be spectacular